Thursday, December 20, 2007

Stamina InStride Mini Stepper Review

Konichiwa!

Sometimes your Sensei is surprised at what you all buy. One of the most popular Stamina products is the Stamina InStride Electronic Mini Stepper. Your Sensei asks “why?” I honestly don’t understand why people by a stepper. I thought we all had an in place stepper. (I call mine feet.) Oh well, Stamina is just supplying demand, it’s the Consumer who demands it. Anyway, I’m going to review the Stamina InStride Electronic Mini Stepper and try not to let my bias influence my review too much.

Pros
It’s cheap and small. That’s about the only benefits I can come up with off the top of my head. Fortunately I don’t have to come up with more pros because there are plenty of people out there who have used the Stamina InMotion Mini Stepper. They like that the Stamina MiniStepper can track steps. (Okay, that’s a cool feature.) The other consistent feature you people go crazy over is it seems to be significantly easier on your feet than the ground. Okay, not much, but it is just $50 bucks. Not too much, though I would rather buy a Nintendo Wii title. You can get tons of exercise with a Wii!

Cons
The one and only con for the Stamina InStride Mini Stepper is there is virtually nothing you can do with the Stamina Mini Stepper that you can’t do by walking in place. If you like your steps tracked you can buy a cheap pedometer for less than $20, probably for less than $10 if you do some shopping.

Final Analysis
I’m not going to recommend the Stamina InStride Stepper simply because you can do everything the stepper can without a stepper. There’s nothing wrong with the design save for a few reports of squeaks. (Just get some WD40 guys.) But I still can’t justify the $50 price tag. I give the Stamina InStride Stepper 2.5 stars out of 5; Stamina’s marketing department earns 6 stars out of 5 for selling thousands of people something they don’t need.




Stamina InStride Mini Stepper

1 comment:

Willow said...

I bought this machine a few months ago. It's okay. Once I got used to the fact that the tension is not adjustable, I was able to adjust my stride accordingly. However, the bloody thing started squeaking and that drives me insane.I even got oil from the local hardware store and oiled different parts.....didn't help.